- Rescue me, O LORD , from evil men; protect me from men of violence,
- who devise evil plans in their hearts and stir up war every day.
- They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips. Selah
- Keep me, O LORD , from the hands of the wicked; protect me from men of violence who plan to trip my feet.
- Proud men have hidden a snare for me; they have spread out the cords of their net and have set traps for me along my path. Selah
- O LORD , I say to you, "You are my God." Hear, O LORD , my cry for mercy.
- O Sovereign LORD , my strong deliverer, who shields my head in the day of battle-
- do not grant the wicked their desires, O LORD ; do not let their plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah
- Let the heads of those who surround me be covered with the trouble their lips have caused.
- Let burning coals fall upon them; may they be thrown into the fire, into miry pits, never to rise.
- Let slanderers not be established in the land; may disaster hunt down men of violence.
- I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.
< Psalms 139 |
Psalms 141 >